Translate

Friday, May 6, 2011

Don't wash the Palette


If you painted a picture,
you shall blend the colors on the palette.
This color is not ready-made tubes of watercolor paint
but your original color.

In elementary school,
in order to conform to educational policy that
"Tidy up after using it"
students must wash all pigments on the palette.

For example
any student don't finish painting a picture,
erasing your mixed colors is same as that
it destroys people's individualism.

If you observed some artist's studio,
you may find the palette not beautiful enough.
They blur their palette at all points
in order to make their picture beautiful.

I let my palette impure when I paint a picture.
When I teach my student how to paint a picute,
I start by saying
"You need not wash your palette
until you finish painting your picture."

Respect the individual personality.ゞ( ̄∇ ̄;)

No comments:

Post a Comment